Features of EP Radiator Guards for BMW R 1250 GS/GSA
- Graded aluminium construction for high strength to weight ratio (each guard weighs just 80g)
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit and easy install
- Hexagonal matrix hole-pattern ensures strong defence from road debris
- Delivers maximum airflow for all-important cooling of the radiator coolant
- No additional chassis modifications required
- Quality fabrication and design means the installed guards are barely noticeable
- Durable black powder coat finish
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Are the EP Radiator Guards really necessary?
The simple answer is yes. The EP Radiator Guards protect the R 1250 GS/GSA dual radiators from road debris, while allowing air to pass through to maintain the radiators’ ability to cool the pumped liquid coolant. Radiators have delicate aluminium cooling fins that easily bend, and misaligned fins can restrict cooling air, which can lead to overheating. A radiator’s internal core is also prone to being holed by stones and other debris that get flung directly into the radiator, usually by another motorcycle or traffic. Leaking coolant can cause rapid overheating, which could result in engine damage.