Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your Yamaha Ténéré’s CAN bus electrical system to make installation of accessories drastically easier with the new and improved DENALI CANsmart™ Controller GEN II.
The DENALI CANsmart™ Controller provides plug-n-play installation and integrated control of up to four accessories to enable dozens of customizable settings that can be controlled right from your Ténéré’s hand controls or the CANsmart™ Accessory Manager Software.
The CANsmart’s four circuits are preprogrammed to connect and independently control two sets of DENALI 2.0 lights, a SoundBomb horn, and our B6 auxiliary brake light.
Gen II – More Features, More Power, More Versatile
Unlike the Gen I CANsmart, all four circuits of the Gen II can provide a full 10 amps of continuous power and each circuit can be configured to run any accessory type. The maximum power draw for the whole unit remains at 30 amps continuous. The Gen II also features two new auxiliary light settings. You can now modulate your auxiliary lights for added conspicuity.
- High/Low Sync – Set auxiliary lights to switch between a programmable high/low setting with the factory high beam switch.
- ON/OFF and Dim – Switch your primary light set ON/OFF and change intensity level right from your original vehicle switches.
- Modulate Lights – Set auxiliary lights to modulate to increase your visibility to other motorists.
- Flash to Pass – Need to get someone’s attention? Pulse your high beam switch three times and your auxiliary lights will strobe three times fast.
- Plug & Play Horn Installation – Quickly and easily connect high power aftermarket horns like our SoundBomb™ without having to add an additional harness or relay.
- Strobe with Horn – With this feature selected the CANsmart™ software will automatically strobe your auxiliary lights when you sound your horn. This feature works whether you have the factory horn or SoundBomb™ horn installed.
- Deceleration Activated “Smart Brake” Technology – The CANsmart™ reads vehicle speed in real time to activate your auxiliary brake light during deceleration before you even touch the brake. You can adjust the sensitivity and minimum speed at which the Smart Brake Feature will activate.
- Flash Pattern Braking – The CANsmart™ provides four different flash patterns that make our super bright auxiliary brake lights even noticeable to motorists behind you. You can set auxiliary brake lights to only flash under hard braking, flash continuously as your brake is applied or flash four times rapidly then hold steady (California legal flash rate).
- Circuit Function Selector – The Circuit Function Selector in the CANsmart software will let you run any accessory of your choice on any of the four circuits. Click on a circuit icon to open the drop down menu and make your selection from the list of available circuit functions.
- Switched Power Source – The CANsmart™ provides a universal “accessory” option which simply gives you clean switched 12V power. That means whatever accessory you connect to this circuit will turn on and off with your ignition.
- Delay Time Out – You can also set the accessories on this circuit to have a delayed time out. This will keep them powered for up to 30 seconds after your turn off your bike.
- On Board Power – The “accessory” circuit option is ideal for powering your GPS, phone, heated gear or any other electronic device.
What’s In The Box?
- CANsmart™ Controller
- 4-Way High Beam Harness (for Color TFT Display Models)
- 6-Way High Beam Harness (for LCD Display Models)
- Euro5 Pass-Through Harness (2022+ Euro5 Models)
- Euro4 Pass-Through Harness (2019 – 2022 Euro4 Models)
- (x2) 5.5ft Light Extension Cables
- 5ft SoundBomb Horn Extension Cable
- B6 Brake Light Wiring Adapter
- Adhesive Hook-and-Loop Fastener
- Micro USB Programming Cable
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 (2019 – 2022)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 Rally Edition (2020 – 2022)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 World Raid (2022 – 2023)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 (2023)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 Rally Edition (2023)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition (2023)
- Yamaha Ténéré 700 Explore Edition (2023)
The Ténéré CANsmart supports both generations of the T7 that have either the LCD or TFT dashboard. Earlier models with the LCD Dashboard take advantage of the bottom Set Button on the dash, and the Select Button on the right hand controls. Newer models with the TFT dashboard use the ABS ON button to operate your lights.
Instruction Manual Download
Ténéré 700 Limitations
- Auxiliary Light Two Dimming and ON/OFF functions are not available from bikes factory controls (All dimming and light settings need to be configured in the CANsmart Accessory Manager Software)
- Day/Night intensity is unavailable
- Turn signal circuit functions not available.
- Cancel auxiliary lights with turn signal feature not available.
- Flash auxiliary lights as turn signal feature not available.
- Heated gear control through OE Heated Grip button not available.